Re: [Vala] Problem connecting signals from Glade to my code

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 14:12 +0000, Urban Skudnik wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a problem connecting my code with GUI that I designed in Glade. The
problem that I keep stumbling upon is that I'm getting Gtk-WARNING **: Could not
find signal handler.

My code:

On a friendly tip from #vala I tried greping the AssistantDirectoryHistory.c for
on_restorebutton_clicked and found that C function for this is:

$ grep on_restorebutton_clicked deja-dup/AssistantDirectoryHistory.c
void assistant_directory_history_on_restorebutton_clicked (GtkButton* source,
AssistantDirectoryHistory* self);
void assistant_directory_history_on_restorebutton_clicked (GtkButton* source,
AssistantDirectoryHistory* self) {

and set handler for clicked event to
assistant_directory_history_on_restorebutton_clicked

This should be the right signal handler name

Since then I tried isolating the problem into a stand-alone app with the
following code and it works without any problems.

I also think I have all the CFLAGS that I need (--pkg gtk+-2.0 and --pkg
gmodule-2.0).

May be you are not using the -dynamic-export flag in the C compiler
step?

Any ideas why am I getting this error? Could the mere inheritance from another
class cause this problem (because that is the biggest change that I can see
compared to the stand-alone app)? Am I maybe missing some other namespace issue
and should I somehow tell Glade about it?

See if this link helps you:

http://yuvi.in/blog/vala-gtkbuilder-and-autoconnecting-signal-handlers.html

Ciao,
        Andrea