Re: [Vala] [ANNOUNCE] Vala 0.9.3 - Compiler for the GObject type system

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 10:01 +0200, JM wrote:
Congratulations for this release!
Can you explain the new GBoxed-based memory management in vala?
I know GBoxed is a generic wrapper for C structures, that only needs
copy and free functions. And I know that in vala a type get's boxed when
you use the '?' operator, like in 'string? s = null;'.
So what is new for the user? Or is this just for bindings?

This is just for bindings, especially bindings generated from .gir files
as they do not contain information about copy/free functions.

Regards,
Jürg