[Vala] workaround for assignment from incompatible pointer type

Hello,

I'm trying to subclass Clutter.Actor, I have:

public override void allocate (ActorBox box, AllocationFlags flags) {...

which generates:

static void text_view_real_allocate (ClutterActor* base, ClutterActorBox* box,
ClutterAllocationFlags flags) {...

However at the line where this gets assigned to the class pointer, it has the
error: "warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type".

I think because the class pointer is expecting a "const" in front of
"ClutterActorBox *box".

Is this known? Is there a workaround?

Cheers,
James