Re: [Vala] Vala safe to use for development?

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 17:51 +0100, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
As far as I know (Jürg, please speak up if I'm wrong) the core Vala syntax
is to stay like it is until 1.0 except some possible additions, such as the new
array slice syntax or the string templates. We will hopefully see
tuples as well.

We will see more changes in the bindings though, which can lead to code that
does no longer compile (e.g. because of ownership changes such as recently
seen in gio).

This is correct. Syntax is expected to stay or at least remain backward
compatible to the current syntax while we still need some more
flexibility for bindings, so we cannot guarantee full compatibility
there.

Jürg