Re: [Vala] [Genie] multi-line structs

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 02:07 -0500, Arc Riley wrote:
A syntax quirk that I found a bit obnoxious:

  const entries : array of OptionEntry = { \
    { "config", 'c', OptionFlags.IN_MAIN, \
      OptionArg.FILENAME, ref config, \
      "Use alternative configuration", "FILE" }, \
    { "license", 'L', OptionFlags.IN_MAIN, \
      OptionArg.NONE, ref license, \
      "Print software license and exit", null }, \
    { "version", 'V', OptionFlags.IN_MAIN, \
      OptionArg.NONE, ref version, \
      "Print version information and exit", null }, \
    {null} }

The \ shouldn't be needed inside {}, but valac reports an error of
unexpected indentation(etc) without it.  Is there a way to do this without
escaping the line breaks or can we get this improved for the next valac
release?

Im working on improving that as it really is fugly like that - I hope to
have something committed this week

most likely we will allow lines ending in comma or open curly brace to
act as line continuations

jamie