Re: [Vala] Using OpenGL 3.0 from Vala

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 18:30:31 -0800, Tristin Celestin wrote:
I am trying to use OpenGL 3.0 from Vala, but I notice that only up to
OpenGL 1.3 is defined in the .vapi file. The methods relevant to me are
defined in GL/glext.h. How would I access the functions declared there?

Is it enough to just write a .vapi file for myself referencing the
necessary functions, or should I modify gl.vapi? glext.h had a lot of
methods, and I am not going to be able to cover all of them myself.

There is currently no way to spread class definition across multiple .vapi
files. So if you only want to define new classes or new static functions to
a namespace, you can put them in a separate .vapi, but if you need to add
methods to classes, you need to add them in the .vapi that defines the class.

Declaring methods in the .vapi that are than not available in the library is
not a problem if those methods are not used.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>