Re: [Vala] Using OpenGL 3.0 from Vala

Hi,

2010/2/22 Tristin Celestin <tristin_celestin yahoo com>:
I am trying to use OpenGL 3.0 from Vala, but I notice that only up to OpenGL 1.3 is defined in the .vapi
file. The methods relevant to me are defined in GL/glext.h. How would I access the functions
declared there?

If you just need a couple functions, you can just declare them as
"extern" in your vala files. otherwise it's better to write a vapi.

Is it enough to just write a .vapi file for myself referencing the necessary functions, or should I
modify gl.vapi? glext.h had a lot of methods, and I am not going to be able to cover all of them
myself.

You don't need to bind all the methods, you can just bind the methods
you need. I think it's fine to add to gl.vapi directly (maybe in an
#if GL_3.0 or something), but GL bindings aren't included with vala,
so it may be a good idea to contact the maintainer.

HTH,
Abderrahim