Re: [Vala] maemo5 hildon input mode

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Levi Bard
<taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak gmail com> wrote:
While this is indeed correct workaround, the Hildon binding should
probably be updated (so you get type-checking from the compiler).

In that case, can that be a different vapi so that we can still use
hildon-1 with diablo (maemo 4.x)?
Or at least keep the legacy version as hildon-1-diablo.vapi or something?

These are Maemo specific changes to GTK+ (properties of Gtk.Entry, not
of Hildon.Entry). This lead to the slightly awkward Hildon.gtk_...
helper functions. I forgot to wrap all of them - here is a patch that
adds the missing Hildon.gtk_entry_... functions to
hildon-1-custom.vapi.

The helper function in question is Hildon.gtk_entry_set_input_mode
(Gtk.Entry entry, Hildon.GtkInputMode mode). I guess we could also
manually add the hildon-input-mode property without accessor methods
to Hildon.Entry, but this is the official API.

regards
Philipp