Re: [Vala] Can't debug instance members easily

----- Original Message ----
From: Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com>
To: Tristin Celestin <tristin_celestin yahoo com>
Cc: vala-list gnome org
Sent: Sun, December 19, 2010 5:46:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Vala] Can't debug instance members easily

[...]

This needs to be fixed in gdb, but some help could be provided by valac.
I started working on this some time ago, and my patch wasn't considered
good enough for inclusion. I somewhat lost motivation, and the patch is
somewhat bitrotten, but I'm thinking about working on it again.

I was going to point you at a blog post but got welcomed by a internal
server error, so for now, I'll simply link this video :
http://abderrahim.arablug.org/GSoC2008/gdb-vala.ogv

I'll try to post the latest version of the patch later.

Regards,
Abderrahim

That video looks like it implements exactly what I'd like to have, at least for
methods. Was the same true for member variables?