Re: [Vala] Can't debug instance members easily

Hello,
                في س، 18-12-2010 عند 05:59 -0800 ، كتب Tristin Celestin:
Suppose I have the following class that I want to debug with gdb:
[...]
I compile with vala -g test.vala.

While debugging, I set a breakpoint at the line "return result" in public int
add_myself(). Now, if I run "print foo" in
gdb, gdb says "No symbol foo in current context". Remembering that vala produces
C sources, I type
"print self->priv->foo", and I get "9"; the right value prints. However, this
isn't really what I expect, compared
to similar experiences debugging C++ source, where I can actually print my data
members without jumping
through an extra hoop.
This needs to be fixed in gdb, but some help could be provided by valac.
I started working on this some time ago, and my patch wasn't considered
good enough for inclusion. I somewhat lost motivation, and the patch is
somewhat bitrotten, but I'm thinking about working on it again.

I was going to point you at a blog post but got welcomed by a internal
server error, so for now, I'll simply link this video :
http://abderrahim.arablug.org/GSoC2008/gdb-vala.ogv

I'll try to post the latest version of the patch later.

Regards,
Abderrahim