[Vala] [vapigen] union inside a struct

Hi,

I am trying to understand how do the attributes glib:type-name and
glib:get-type affect the way vapigen treats a <record>. I am running
vapigen on a gir that has

<record name="MyRecord" glib:type-name="PrefixMyRecord"
glib:get-type="prefix_my_record_get_type">
<union name="myunion" c:type="myunion"> .. </union>
</record>

and it complains with:

"error: unknown child element `union' in `class'".

Whereas if I leave out those attributes it compiles nicely although the
resulting .vapi has no references to the union. Is this supported?

Cheers,
Raúl