Re: [Vala] Where should I change Vala version number before I compile it from source?

Julian Andres Klode wrote:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 02:55:07PM +0300, Arkadi Viner wrote:
I have obtained the source files using the command:
*sudo bzr branch lp:vala*
when I enter:
autogen.sh
make
make install
everything goes well, but then when I check the version using:
*valac --version*
I get -* UNKNOWN*

After you run "sudo make install" you must also run "sudo ldconfig".
Otherwise the new "valac" binary might load the old libvala*.so
in which case you usually get weird "version / unknown symbol" type
errors.

                Martin