Re: [Vala] About the convenience of using Vala

Am Mittwoch, den 07.04.2010, 22:34 +0200 schrieb CaStarCo:
Oups, xD, I'm sorry, I forgot to make the question. The question is: Is Vala
an agnostic language about desktops and libraries? Or there are a lot of
dependencies related with Gtk and Gnome?

This depends on your definition of Gnome. Vala is a project in the
"gnome community" and (right now) it implements most of its
functionality with a core library of the Gnome project (glib-2.0),
but that's about it. There are no Gtk+ or Gnome desktop dependencies.

Personally, I don't care much about Gtk+ or Gnome. I'm using Vala on
Linux-based smartphones without any desktop environment and with
multiple UI toolkits.

Hope that helps,

--
:M: