Re: [Vala] Vala on CentOS?

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 22:16 -0700, Joseph Montanez wrote:
I am trying to deploy a vala application on a web server running
CentOS 5. I've been fighting to get it compile let alone run. Here is
the current command I am running to get it to compile:
valac --Xcc=-I/usr/local/include/gee-1.0 --pkg=gee-1.0
--pkg=json-glib-1.0 main.vala taxonomy.vala

That seems to compile, but when I run ./main I get a bunch of missing
share libraries. I've tried to link them to /lib64 but because the
CentOS is built on an older glib I get a bunch of undefined symbols.

What exact symbols are missing? You could try building with
--target-glib=2.12. This tells the compiler to not use symbols from more
recent GLib versions. However, this might not be sufficient, if you use
functionality from GLib 2.14 or later in the .vala files yourself.

Jürg