[Vala] Vala on CentOS?

I am trying to deploy a vala application on a web server running
CentOS 5. I've been fighting to get it compile let alone run. Here is
the current command I am running to get it to compile:
valac --Xcc=-I/usr/local/include/gee-1.0 --pkg=gee-1.0
--pkg=json-glib-1.0 main.vala taxonomy.vala

That seems to compile, but when I run ./main I get a bunch of missing
share libraries. I've tried to link them to /lib64 but because the
CentOS is built on an older glib I get a bunch of undefined symbols.

Anyone have any experience with this, maybe there a repo they use with
a newer glib?

--
Joseph Montanez
Web Developer