[Vala] Impossible to subclass from gio stream classes?

Hi,

I'd like to subclass GLib.BufferedInputStream.
Vala doesn't like the following construct:

class MyStream : GLib.BufferedInputStream {
    MyStream (GLib.InputStream base_stream) {
        base (base_stream);
    }
}

$ valac mystream.vala --pkg gio-2.0
mystream.vala:3.3-3.20: error: chain up to
`GLib.BufferedInputStream..new' not supported
        base (base_stream);
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Am I doing it wrong? BufferedInputStream has a constructor that takes
one GLib.InputStream.

regards
Philipp