Re: [Vala] Downloading a file from the internet to some directory.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Julian Andres Klode <jak jak-linux org> wrote:
Doesn't this require gvfsd-http? I am also looking at file downloads
for APT2 and everytime I use a http url, it starts gvfsd-http. And
installing all the gvfs backends is not really acceptable for APT2.

If you can stand a dependency on libsoup it doesn't get much more complicated:

using Soup;

static int main (string[] args) {
        var session = new SessionSync ();
        var message = new Message ("GET",
              "http://download.gnome.org/sources/vala/0.7/vala-0.7.6.tar.bz2";);

        var status = session.send_message (message);
        if (status == 200) {
                FileUtils.set_contents ("vala-0.7.6.tar.bz2",
                                        message.response_body.data,
                                        (long)message.response_body.length);
                return 0;
        }

        return -1;
}

Of course if you can't you'll have to wrap new API in posix.vapi and
it gets much harder. :)

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com