Re: [Vala] [RFC, PATCH] add async keyword to vapigen

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:17:44 +0200, pHilipp Zabel wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Jan Hudec <bulb ucw cz> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 22:21:36 +0200, Philipp Zabel wrote:
Or would it be better to make the parser recognize asynchronous
functions that don't end in _async?

An async function can be recognized by having a GAsyncReadyCallback argument
next to last and void * last (that's what vala expects from an async
function).  So it could probably be detected only by that (and not look at
"_async" suffix at all except to strip it).

How can I detect a void pointer correctly? Right now I'm just using
(parse_param(param) is PointerType), which so far seems to work
correctly (on gio-2.0.vapi).

I think if the GAsyncCallback is detected exactly, the pointer type for
target won't be anything else, so this would be good enough.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>