Re: [Vala] Constructors in VAPI

Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
did you try to set [CCode (cname=g_new0)] for the constructor? You can
make it work somehow with such tricks.

Yes, I tried but it doesn't work since it generates bad c code (with no
parameters for g_new0) like:
        _tmp0_ = g_new0 ();

Alternatively, you can write the C function
prefix_my_virtual_class_new to just call g_new0.

This is what I want avoid. I just want to write a VAPI without editing
the C source code, but creating a new "virtual class" that is a kind of
wrapper to replace the missing C code.

With Vala 0.7.5 all this was possible, why isn't it any more?

Thanks anyway.