Re: [Vala] [Async] why use .begin ?

No, the call without .begin() is being deprecated.

From yestarday's discussion on IRC I understood it's not generally possible
to collapse to synchronous call automagically. Doing it involves running
a (recursive) main loop until the callback is called, but this brings a lot
of problems like something quitting the outer loop, the nested loops being
quit out of order and such. Therefore it should not be done without user's
explicit request.

I see, am I correct then in assuming that at the end of the day this means,
calling an asynchronous function with out/return arguments is forbidden/will
not work from synchronous code?

(Didier, please note that if that's true, then it's a strong argument in favor
of letting vala-dbus-binding-tool emit both a sync. and an async. dbus vala
interface, since the async. interface is then basically useless to call from
synchronous code).

Cheers,

:M: