Re: [Vala] Showing animated gif files.

Thank you very much Jiří.

2009/9/4 Jiří Zárevúcky <zarevucky jiri gmail com>

On 09/04/2009 02:33 PM, Arkadi Viner wrote:

Hi.
I want to show some animation to the user while my program is busy getting
some information from the internet.
I have an animated file which is - "*.gif" type and I want to use it.
Is there any library to handle animated gif files that I can use?
Thanks.

I assume you use GTK+ to build UI, right? Then it's very simple.

var anim = new Gdk.PixbufAnimation.from_file (filename);
var image = new Gtk.Image.from_animation (anim);

Good luck with your program :)