Re: [Vala] Embed Python into Vala, extend Vala with Python

There is a lot more than a vapi needed for this.

First, there is a big difference between using Python to extend Vala and
Vala to extend Python.  I assume what we are talking about here is building
Python extension modules in the Vala language

The vapi is of course needed, but more than this valac needs to be aware of
the Python object model - which will take either a fork of valac or a plugin
architecture added to valac.  There's been no recent word on plugin support
for valac so our current effort is a fork/branch of valac with the necessary
PyType/PyObject handling added.