Re: [Vala] Problem compiling some example of - gnome panel applet...

I have one question about "bonobo", in this page -
http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap, it is written:

*GNOME Panel*

   - New library for the applets
   - Compatibility layer for old Bonobo applets and remove Bonobo usage in
   the Panel
   - New interaction model for managing applets: activate/deactivate an
   applet instead of adding/removing it, eg. Possibly, a mode for editing the
   panel contents
   - Better integration with multi-user setups (eg. have a Switch to "user"
   in the logout dialog)
   - Simplify the panel code related to Session/GDM: only call dbus methods
   that will be implemented by GNOME Session
   - Eye-candy additions

So, is there a new library for adding gnome applets without "bonobo" ? (I am
really new in GTK programing, so I really don't sure what is bonobo for...)