Re: [Vala] Forum for Vala/Genie

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Michael B. Trausch <mbt zest trausch us> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 09:46 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
I'd say you're all old farts :)

I am not!  I just prefer things that are used as intended... call me a
pedant, but I'm not an old fart.  :-P

Well, alright, I might be relative to you, but still... ;-)

If some people prefer a forum as a mean of communication, so be it. If
Vala is to become popular it's not possible to have all users on that
mailing-list anyway.

It is possible to have a bidirectional feed that enables users to
interact with the mailing list as they choose.  I'm all for that.

But I'm completely against the segregation of resources.

And yes, the mailing list will grow upon Vala becoming popular.  Growing
pains are useful things in a project.  If the traffic becomes to heavy
on the ML, then it will be time to split the ML into multiple MLs so
that each major topic has its own list (or, if someone puts together a
front-end, forum. Though I don't know why GMANE isn't useful enough to
serve that purpose...).

       --- Mike

Hi, just to add my 2 cents

While I love mailing lists, recently I've found StackOverflow to be
really nice, so if there's going to be some web based place for vala,
I'd like it better to be there since it's becoming the canonical place
to find programming questions/answers in almost every language.

And maybe having vala/genie questions there would make people be aware
of it's existence and take interest in it :)

Cheers
--
Carlos