Re: [Vala] Forum for Vala/Genie

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 09:46 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
I'd say you're all old farts :)

I am not!  I just prefer things that are used as intended... call me a
pedant, but I'm not an old fart.  :-P

Well, alright, I might be relative to you, but still... ;-)

If some people prefer a forum as a mean of communication, so be it. If
Vala is to become popular it's not possible to have all users on that
mailing-list anyway.

It is possible to have a bidirectional feed that enables users to
interact with the mailing list as they choose.  I'm all for that.

But I'm completely against the segregation of resources.

And yes, the mailing list will grow upon Vala becoming popular.  Growing
pains are useful things in a project.  If the traffic becomes to heavy
on the ML, then it will be time to split the ML into multiple MLs so
that each major topic has its own list (or, if someone puts together a
front-end, forum. Though I don't know why GMANE isn't useful enough to
serve that purpose...).

        --- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo