Re: [Vala] GtkBuilder example ... bug?

Jakub Klawiter píše v Ne 29. 11. 2009 v 01:31 +0100:
Hello!

Ok understand how it's working, thank you!
I don't understand why (compiler forces me to use different names i
like), but it's not a problem now. I'll understand it later (hope :D).

(I assume you are still talking about method names.)
It's because Vala compiler translates into GObject-based C. As there are
no classes in C, there is a need for some sane translation of the name.
So for MyClass#whatever_function there is my_class_whatever_function in
the C translation.

same in case:

    int buf_size = 5;
    uchar[] buf   = new uchar[ buf_size ];

which is not working because vala is creating variable buf_size not
something like: buf__valauto__size

Actually, Vala (the latest version, I can't speak for anything before
0.7) uses buf_length1, which is IMHO perfectly reasonable. In case the
naming bothers you, you can always propose some better naming
convention. :)