Re: [Vala] List problem in Valide

Nicolas Joseph wrote:
Hello,

Your first problem is due to the '<' character, could you post an
issue so that I will not forget:
http://code.google.com/p/valide/issues/list

libgee is now included in libvala-1.0.dll, you just add the vala-1.0 package.

2009/5/30 Joss 4 <gpnet abraerp it>:
@ Nicolas
I have problems with valide 4.0 version in windows env.

My example is :

using GLib;

     SList<string> list = new SList<string> ();
         list.append ("one");
         list.append ("two");
         list.append ("three");
         list.append ("four");

now if I write the sort function with first letter in uppercase like
list.Sort the compiler doesn't  warning any error, simply don't compile.
while if  manually compile on command line this way, I get the error:

main.vala:376.13-376.21: error: The name `Sort' does not exist in the
context of `GLib.SList<string>'
          list.Sort(strcmp);
          ^^^^^^^^^
also I have problems with indexeder and find functions; If I write code like
this:

string key = "three";
int ix = list.index(key);        //  In this line I get -1

string foundkey =  (string)list.find(key);    // in this line i get null

stdout.printf ("%s %d \n", foundkey, ix );
Where I am wrong  ? Is there some error in  my settings ?.

@Nicolas Joseph ,
Could you also post a windows version of libgee-1.0.dll ??