Re: [Vala] why this new and innovative programming language called Vala?

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 21:37 +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
Philip Van Hoof wrote:
Jürg has denied it, but we all know that secretly Jürg is a big fan and
stalker of Vala Mal Doran.

Another reason is the French word voila. As in "Voila! That's how you do
it!"

We'll never know, Jürg has so far denied any guess we made at
conferences and meetings.

Which means that Vala comes from Vala Mal Doran. I mean, woah!

My guess is from Tolkein: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vala_(Middle-earth)

That's why I called my Ruby binding generator for Vala "Valar" !
http://github.com/danlucraft/valar/tree/master

Also because it's Vala + R.

DBL

Daniel Benjamin Lucraft