Re: [Vala] Operator overloading (SOC idea)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

I've used Python + numerical/numpy in various guises since 1996, and
it's great for many things, especially compared to the sluggishness of
Matlab.

A lot of our code needs a little (OK a lot) more speed in the "glue"
parts that usually gets handled by Python, so I end up having to write
Python extensions in C or Pyrex to speed things up. I guess that you
could say that the "organizational" parts of the code is becoming the
bottleneck.

So the get this back on-topic: having support for arrays/matrices with
easy to read operators would allow the use of only one language that is
both fast and productive, especially using the Genie syntax.

Anybody wants to add array and matrix types to Vala as a Google Summer
of Code project? :-)

Cheers,
Conrad