Re: [Vala] Operator overloading

Conrad Steenberg wrote:
FWIW I would really like to see this implemented as I write scientific
code every day and would love to use Vala/Genie instead of C++ :-)

This is OT, but most of the scientists around here (at my university)
have all switched away from Fortran and C++ to Python.  They use fast
numeric libraries like scipy, numpy, matlibplot, and other tools.  In
fact a few have replaced MatLab with Python with great success.  Python
may be more appropriate for your use than Vala, in this specific case,
if you feel inclined.

I personally see Vala as a tool to develop and enhance GTK and other
Gnome-based libraries mainly.  In fact I could see future versions of
GTK being written mostly in Vala.  I know that several folks on this
list are using Vala as a main language, though.

I wonder how easy it would be to write python extension modules using
Vala.