[Vala] Windows Low level with Vala

Hello,
as a vala newbie I want to thank to all devs involved in vala.

I know vala is intended for the gnome platform, but it looks like vala could be more than that.

So I would like to use vala as a general-purpose programming language on WindowsXP (instead of C#).
This would include to be able to utilize the Win32-API.

As far as I can see there needs to be a binding for Win32 otherwise it will not work (*.vapi, *.pc files?).

Is there already something for the Win32-API in place or do I need to start it myself?

What steps are needed?

Is there somebody that could show me how to make this work, maybe even start to create the needed files?
(once I see all what is needed I could take these files and fill them with all the Win32-API info)

Is there already an automated way to generate *.vapi files off *.h files?

Thanks
fsw