Re: [Vala] Valencia 0.1.0 - gedit plugin for Vala

What a nice tool.
I hope it soon to be included with every gedit.

Can it do sintax-error highlighting?

2009/7/1 Adam Dingle <adam yorba org>:
I'm pleased to announce release 0.1.0 of Valencia, a free plugin that turns
gedit into a lightweight development environment for Vala.  Current features
include:

* no configuration needed: simply open a .vala file and browse its symbols
immediately
* jump to definitions of classes, methods, fields, and variables
* build your project within gedit, with build output in a gedit pane
* double-click any build error to jump to the line where it occurred
* use the Run command to run your program, with output appearing in an gedit
pane

Valencia is under active development. Soon, we plan to extend Valencia to be
able to autocomplete symbols and display tooltips showing method prototypes.

You can download Valencia at http://yorba.org/valencia/ .  Our wiki page
with complete documentation is at http://trac.yorba.org/wiki/Valencia .

I know that there are a growing number of Vala IDEs and plugins available
today.  I believe that Valencia's particular strengths are its ease of use
and its symbol browser; Valencia was designed to make it effortless to jump
between symbols even in a large Vala program.  Feedback, patches or code
contributions are welcome!

adam

====
Adam Dingle