Re: [Vala] Libgee's Roadmap proposal

2009/7/21 Didier "Ptitjes" <ptitjes free fr>:
Hi list,

Didier "Ptitjes" wrote:
Open questions:

I'd like to add some more ideas:
 - Support for disengageable collection change events

Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure about a real value.

 - Support for collection updatable views (aka wrappers)
 - With events and views, we gain a clean implementation way for sorted
list views

I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain a bit more?

 - Collection shuffling

I suppose this would be useful only in very specific applications.

 - Collection reversing

Definitely a must-have.

 - Reversed iterations

The same here.

 - Collection-based addition|removal (add_all, remove_all, retain_all)
 - ^^^ Same for maps (set_all)

Maybe we could generalize it a bit and implement some basic set of set
operation (no pun intended). Union, intersection, difference, etc. In
any case, it has to be implemented on the level of Collection
interface.