Re: [Vala] Libgee's Roadmap proposal
- From: Julien Fontanet <julien fontanet isonoe net>
- To: vala-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Vala] Libgee's Roadmap proposal
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:33:00 +0000 (UTC)
Didier "Ptitjes" <ptitjes > writes:
Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
2009/7/20 Didier "Ptitjes" <ptitjes <at> free.fr>:
- Are there some things missing ?
Could you fit in making Map interface a Collection? It is technically
a collection of key-value pairs, and I see no reason why the interface
shouldn't reflect it. :)
Yeah. I agree on that, hence my question in the first mail about
exposing an interface for map entries (that key/value pairs).
How is that possible, the methods' signatures do not match:
- Collection.add (G item) vs. Map.set (K key, V value)
- Collection.contains (G item) vs. Map.contains (K key)
- Collection.remove (K item) vs. Map.remove (K key)
Collection implements Iterable which provides this method: Iterator<G>
iterator () whereas it should be Iterator<Pair<K, V>> iterator () for Map.
I'm looking forward to your answers.
] [Thread Prev