Re: [Vala] Port Tomboy?

2009/7/1 Sam Liddicott <sam liddicott com>:
I think you are right, and that the Vala project must be kept unconnected
from the politics this struggle; but when the women get the bandages and
basins of water ready, it is not to join in the fight, but to be prepared
for the inevitable outcome.

That would suggest we are wifes or either side. :D Kind of funny, really.

It's actually more like openly offering a refuge to the ones wanting
to escape the "bad" nation. Mono project being the supposedly "bad
nation" in this case. If people want to switch from Mono to Vala in a
noticeable manner, they can write the tools necessary themselves.
Trying to make it a community (Vala's) concern is a very bad thing.

Although you were asking Jiří, I think that porting for the sake of finding out how hard
porting is would be worthwhile.

There are some people trying to port their C# project to Vala for
whatever reasons (including me). Ask them. The answer is: it's
difficult, and you need to have a damn good reason to justify the
effort.