Re: [Vala] posix.vapi additions

* Frederik <scumm_fredo gmx net> wrote:
      public FileDescriptor (string pathname, OpenFlags flags);

Please don't do this. Please just call this open(). Even though I
entirely agree we should make file descriptors object oriented, assuming
open() is the `default' way to obtain file descriptors is bad. On a
modern POSIX operating system, we have almost a dozen different types of
file descriptors. File descriptors pointing to an actual object in the
VFS aren't any more important than the others.

 Ed Schouten <ed 80386 nl>