Re: [Vala] just a suggestion

2009/1/20 Phil Housley <undeconstructed gmail com>:

I was thinking about this a while back when I was writing the
tutorial, I have a short contents list that I'll post here as soon as
I get home this evening.  I really do intend to get back to updating
the tutorial/docs any day now, so I'll help out with anything else
where I can.  Also, anything that I've written already I'm happy to
see copied, as long as it stays open of course.

* Intro
      o History
            + GLib/GObject
            + Gtk
            + Vala
      o Programming style
            + OO
            + Signals
            + Loops
      o Caveats
* First Program
      o Hello World
      o Explanation
* Vala distribution
      o Getting
      o Using
      o Tools
      o Versions
* Concepts
      o Files/Namespaces
      o Objects
            + Polymorphism
                  # Inheritance
                  # Interfaces
            + Construction
            + Abstract
            + Properties
            + Functions
                  # Overriding
            + Delegates
            + Signals
                  # Handlers
      o Variables
            + Types/Nullable/Dynamic
            + var
      o Memory Management
            + Ownership
      o Error Handling
      o DBus briefly
* Syntax
      o Structure (again)
      o Operators
      o Definitions
            + Class
            + Function
                  # Parameter types
            + etc.
      o Ownership/transfer
            + Weak refs
      o Pointers
      o Annotations
      o Debugging
      o Resource Control
* Vala Library
      o GLib
      o Gee
      o Gtk
      o Others
* Libraries
      o Binding
            + VAPI
            + tools
      o Introspection
* Techniques
      o Basic Sample of features
      o Gtk
            + GtkBuilder
      o MainLoop
      o File Handling
      o DBus
            + Pidgin?

Clearly some sections more expanded than others, but that's where I got to.

--
Phil Housley