Re: [Vala] Header file generation

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 08:49 -0800, Noah Gibbs wrote:
If you implemented the last solution, my current use case would always
require the -H option.  But I may not be typical that way.

You will need -H for each library or application with plugin system.
However, not much we can do about that as you somehow need to be able to
specify the name of the single header file.

  Would that interact well with precompiled headers?  I'd worry a bit
about that.  It seems like writing the necessary header subsections
into every .C file would prevent precompilation of the common
subsections.

I never used precompiled headers with plain C as you don't have the
template issue as in C++, so I don't know how much you could gain with
precompiled headers. However, I'd assume that you usually use that for
external library header files and not for headers of the projects you're
currently developing, but I might be wrong about that.

Anyway, I don't think precompiled headers of internal API could really
speed up build time compared to automatically just inserting the
declarations necessary for each source file.

Jürg