Re: [Vala] [Having fun with Vala] Multiboot kernel using Vala!

I wouldn't want to use glib, which was the point of my post.

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Torrie <torriem gmail com>
Sent: 14 February 2009 21:31
Cc: vala-list <vala-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Vala] [Having fun with Vala] Multiboot kernel using Vala!

Sam Liddicott wrote:
I think that is great.

I'm determined to write a netfilter kernel module in vala.

Can kernel modules link to glib?  Seems like that would be needed for
any features of vala.  I guess you could statically link glib.  But what
about if you have 2 modules written in vala?  Can they coexist in kernel
space?  Any global structures created by glib would tend to be a problem
in this case.