Re: [Vala] [Having fun with Vala] Multiboot kernel using Vala!

I think that is great.

I'm determined to write a netfilter kernel module in vala.

Sam

* Matías De la Puente wrote, On 09/02/09 14:45:
Hello all!,

I was playing with vala to see if it's posible to write a minimal kernel using vala. Based in the multiboot sample (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/multiboot/html_node/Example-OS-code.html), I was able to wrote a minimal multiboot kernel in vala. ;) I wrote a multiboot binding and a video binding for displaying the information.. In the attachment there's the code and a iso file to use with an emulator, I use: qemu -m 8 -cdrom cdrom.iso For compiling the code you need nasm, gcc, vala and genisoimage. Use make cdrom.iso to build the image of the iso You can download the code from here: http://sites.google.com/site/mfpuentear/Home/multiboot-vala.tar.bz2?attredirects=0