Re: [Vala] Execute command as root

but how could I do that??

i've read that gksu will have a D-bus interface (or something) in Vala.

But, if I want to develop something that needs to modify system settings,
how can i do that now.

e.g.: modifying the sources list

or copy files to /usr/bin directory.

I want to avoid users to have to start the app from a command line and type
sudo appname.
I want, when the app is started, give the user the choice to desist from the
changes, and exit. Otherwise, ask the password and act.

2009/8/28 David Keijser <keijser gmail com>

2009/8/28 Brian Vidal <dael99 gmail com>:
 > I really need to execute commands trough gksu

I'm developing a GTK based app, so i can't use spawn... sudo.
Maybe could there be a way to ask for password and pass to sudo??

Any ideas?
--
Brian Vidal