[Vala] Getting path to my program's directory

Thank you all for your answers.
To:
Phil Housley
There are programs like Firefox for example, that you download from internet
and extract to one
location.
I am writing my software for Linux and using Ubuntu for 2 years already. but
as it is my first program in Linux, I don't really sure how to split all the
installation files to their proper locations.
Maybe it is just me but all this idea of how program files placed to paths
by their usage is really confusing to me. It make it very hard to find all
files you need to delete if you uninstalling  the program and if it wasn't
installed from packages... Maybe I will after I finish writing my program
make it "Linux style installed" but I will need help in doing that... some
guide... tutorial...

Maybe some one would explain to me why "Linux style installation" is chosen
for Linux based operating system ? I just see more disadvantages in it...