Re: [Vala] Q: release precompiled sources?

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:43 AM, lode leroy <lode leroy gmail com> wrote:
yes, I understand that vala does this. but if I have a file "hello.vala",
how do I make a package that can be compiled using only gcc,
and what does it need to include?

There are several little bits to make this work.  Basically, you want
to pass -C to valac, set up autotools to use stamp files, and check
for valac in configure to optionally enable compiling with vala (for
development).

You can look at the vala source to see how it does this.  I also do it
for deja-dup (http://launchpad.net/deja-dup).  I'm sure some other
packages do it.  Just copy and paste!  :)  All the tricks to enable
this (for deja-dup) are in configure.ac, aclocal.m4, and the various
Makefile.am files.

-mt