Re: [Vala] writing a vapi

I have the same problem, with any doc it's impossible. I think that the best way for not gobject libs is to write an gobject adapter.

I need to write bindings for c, non gobject library, but find it impossible to get enough information. The tutorial (http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Bindings) is limited and mainly about gobject based code. The main source of knowledge remains the available bindings, but without a reference of the tags and code decorations they are of limited help also :( Most of them a self-explanatory like cheader_filename and lower_case_cprefix but for
type_signature
IntegerType (rank = 6)
marshaller_type_name
instance_pos
[IntegerType (rank = 6)]
and (many?) others even Google cannot possibly help...

Is it possible to provide a list of all code decorations?And overall document the vapi mechanic, right now it is magic.

Im also interested to what extend the -custom.vala filie and the .vapi are treated as vala code?
In other words
What can and cannot be present in the vapi?

...I see there are declarations but can it contain code? (Guess not but have to ask)

10x
MihailNaydenov