Re: [Vala] patch to add read/write to FileStream

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Levi Bard
<taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak gmail com> wrote:
fread(void *ptr, size_t size, size_t nmemb, FILE *stream)

from what I can tell, Vala automatically fills in the size parameter
with the length of buf, so it will always try to read up to the length
of the buffer elements.  nmemb should always be one in this case
because we do not have control of the size argument.

Wouldn't it be better to use [NoArrayLength] in the vapi and give the
user control of both size and nmemb?

Yes, probably so.  I did not know how to accomplish that when I
initially wrote the stubs, but I think that would be a good change.

Thanks,
Cliff

--
Cliff Brake