Re: [Vala] [Bindings] Few quick questions about glib

2008/9/7 Mihail Naydenov <mlists ymail com>:
I was really asking from usability perspective, because after few
unsuccessful attempts to use g_strdup_printf equivalent in vala, I had to
google only to find out:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2006-September/000668.html

...but
"%s: %d".printf ("Hello", 5)
is some weird, weird stuff !
This is classical Smalltalkish way of "everything is an object". You
may find the same idiom in Ruby as well. Quite handy and expressive
overall.

I find Vala quite good in stressing out typical object-oriented
paradigm features from underlying "non-object" POSIX API (as people
tend to approach it).

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy