Re: [Vala] Properties that are interfaces

On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 04:34 -0230, Shane O'Connell wrote:
Hi all,

When I try to compile the following code:

using GLib;

public class TestClass : Object
{
    public ITestInterface test {construct; get; }

    public TestClass(ITestInterface test)
    {
        this.test = test;
    }

}

public interface ITestInterface
{

I guess all interfaces have to be a dependence of GLib.Object:

public interface ITestInterface:GLib.Object

    public abstract string blah();
}

I get this error:

test.vala:5.9-5.22: error: missing class prerequisite for interface
`ITestInterface'
    public ITestInterface test {construct; get; }
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
test.vala:5.30-5.39: error: missing class prerequisite for interface
`ITestInterface'
    public ITestInterface test {construct; get; }
                                ^^^^^^^^^^
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

What does this mean? Am I supposed to be allowed to do this? I'm using
vala 0.4.0.

Also, is there a bug tracker I should use to file bugs? I'm working on
something that when I try to compile it I get an assertion failed
error from valac.

Do you mean bugzilla.gnome.org ?
vala is in 'Other' catalog.

Thanks,