Re: [Vala] [ANNOUNCE] Vala 0.4.0 - Compiler for the GObject type system

Jürg Billeter wrote:
The restriction to property assignment statements has been lifted, which
means that you can have any kind of statements in the constructors /
creation methods. However, you should be careful not to mix the two
construction schemes too much. If you want to use the new mechanism,
don't use any construct properties.

Thanks for the examples. Is the old scheme still necessary except for
backward compatibility? Are there any drawbacks to the new scheme /
benefits of the old scheme?

You can also call named constructors `base.with_foo ()' and constructors
of the same class `this ()' or `this.with_foo ()'.

The latter one (named construction method) could get confused with an
instance method invocation. But I can't think of any better way, so I'm
ok with that.

Regards,

Frederik