Re: [Vala] Proposal for asynchronous DBus calls.

* Christian Hergert wrote, On 17/10/08 08:06:
This isn't totally applicable, but I thought I'd mention it before too
much more async voodo.

I've been working on an asynchronous toolkit library for GObject so
that once we get "yield return/yield break" support I can implement my
ideas I posted earlier.

The library is called GTask and can be found on github[1].  For a
quick, totally out of context example:

var task = new Task (_ => {
    debug ("im in worker thread");
});

task.add_callback (_ => {
    debug ("im in main thread, by default");
});

task.add_errback (_ => {
    debug ("i can resolve an asynchronous error");
});

You can build complex callback/errback chains just like in Python
Twisted.  By default, the task scheduler will dispatch callbacks and
errbacks from the main thread to ease locking hell for GUI

This looks a similar pattern to that used in samba's composite connect;
I think it is useful.

How will shared variables be expressed?

Sam