[Vala] TreePath from TreeView.get_cursor() never freed?

Hello,

This doesn't seem right to me. When in Vala I write:

  weak TreePath path;
  weak TreeViewColumn focus_column;
  treeview.get_cursor (out path, out focus_column);

...it generates the following C code:

  GtkTreePath* path;
  GtkTreeViewColumn* focus_column;
  path = NULL;
  focus_column = NULL;
  gtk_tree_view_get_cursor (GTK_TREE_VIEW (treeview), &path, &focus_column);

The GtkTreePath* path in the C code is never freed, even though the GTK documentation on
gtk_tree_view_get_cursor() clearly states: "The returned GtkTreePath must be freed with gtk_tree_path_free()
when you are done with it."

Am I missing something or is this a bug in Vala?